Dr. Lori Futterman, (Psy8636) is a clinical psychologist with a general practice in San Diego who specializes in sexual medicine, women’s health, and trauma-related situations. She provides various types of evidenced-based psychotherapies including behavioral therapy. She is dedicated to helping both men and women achieve their highest potential, overcome difficulties and achieve inner balance and overall well-being.
Improve Your Sense of Well-Being
Lori A Futterman RN, PhD treats sexual helath, women’s health, mood difficulties and trauma- related events. If you are struggling with obtaining balance and perspective within your life Dr Futterman is here for you. She helps people of all genders , races and sexual orientations to live happier and more productive lives.
Every patient is different, so Dr. Futterman customizes her care to meet your individual needs. She applies current research to deliver the best possible treatment for your situation.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Eye-Movement Desensitization &
- Energy Psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Educational Strategies
High-quality health care often involves more than one care provider. I believe in working closely with your entire health team to get you on track to overall health and emotional wellness. I develop treatment and care plans in coordination with other health professionals, including:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Mental Health Practitioners
- Physician’s Assistants
• Mood Difficulties — Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders, & Phobias
• Cognitive Difficulties — Focusing Ability, Memory, Problem-Solving, & Irrationality
• Sexual Difficulties — Desire, Arousal, Orgasmic Disorders, & Pain Disorders
• Sexual-Orientation & Gender Identity — LGBTQ
• Menstrual Cycle & Ovarian Changes — Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Perimenopause, Menopause, & Postmenopause
• Pregnancy & Infertility — Postpartum Illness, Problems During Pregnancy, Genetic Engineering, & Surrogacy & Adoption
• Major Illness — Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Cardiovascular Disorders, Degenerative Disorders, & Autoimmune Difficulties
• Stress-Related Conditions — Balancing Work & Home Demands
• Trauma — Rape, Assault, Molestation, Death of a Loved One, & Response to Natural Disasters
• Psychological Aspects of Acute & Chronic Medical Problems — Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Perimenopause, Menopause, Hysterectomy/Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy, Mastectomy, HIV/AIDS, Cardiac Conditions, Gastrointestinal Difficulty, & Cancer